Saturday, April 1, 2017

I am back to my Korean Drama mode. Please pardon me. I think if I just take art stream, I can nail it better than me doing science. Hahah. 

It is already 1st April. Nine more days toward employment. Somehow I got new resolution. Gonna work till I can have enough money to pay for another master study in anything that I want. And that mostly will be International Relationship or History study. I just gonna do that out of my interest, for the knowledge solely. So, I been googling for universities that offer the most interesting course, and the fee. Gahhh the fee in expensive, really! Like double than my MSc fee. I guess I gonna work for long lah if like this.

Anyway, as the title said, I am thinking of talking about another drama tonight. Kihkihkih. Can you see how many drama I have been watching lately? Gila lah. I start to understand those easy korean words. Easy, but harder than everyday greetings. Sometimes I can even understand the whole sentence. I take that as something good those drama do to me. That I able to learn new language after hours of watching all those dramas. 

Well, tonight I decided to revisit WISFC again. There are dramas with sloppy storyline (according to me) but I just like it. Whether it have a nice cinematography (like On The Way To The Airport) or a very good character upbringing (like Will It Snow for Christmas) or nice script with spot on translation (such like Lovers in Prague). Or, it have everything (like Reply 1988) which meant it was a good drama, totally not sloppy or what ever. There are dramas that I collect just because it have one or two line/scene that I super love. Only one or two out of those 16 episodes. But yeah. I just love it, hence all that goes into my collection, Such like Boys over flower (Korean version). I really dont like that drama. The storyline is ridiculous, some of the actors was bad. But it still in my collection because of two plot. One, Ji Hoo mansion. It only appeared a bit. Hahah. But its drooly. It was a traditional house (Hanok like) with modern interior. Something that I totally love.


I always in awe with traditional house, let it be Malay kayu house, or Chinese house, or Japanese House or the Hanok with modern interior. Like what they have in Cinderella Sister's. And this reason is also why I love On The Way To The Airport despite its confusing storyline and theme (But that drama also raised few life question on me. I'll write more if the Q still linger on my mind). Well, OTWTTA is perfectly beautiful drama (according to me). When I watched that, I kept on pausing and screen capping on every spectacular cinematography. Do Woo's Hanok (The absolute beauty), Do Woo's little cottage in Jeju, the outside view from its window, Even Soo Ah's house in Jeju was also pretty. Plus, I never want to travel to Korea before (even after how many drama I watch) till I watch that scenery. The view from Do Woo's office and his little cottage. Totally WOW. And, ehemss, they got LSY in it. Ehek. 

Well back to BOF. The second plot that I love was the conversation between Ga Eul and Yi Jung. The metaphor that he used between human's heart and a ceramic cup. Ga Eul just got dump to an a**hole, and Yi Jung was there to console her. He gave her this metaphor which somehow I already save it, as a quotation 

How long do you think it took to make it strong like that? It got rolled, stepped on, and cut on. It has to endure a heat of 1300 degrees. But that not the end of it. If it does not become yours even after all of that hardship, then you have to give up on it cleanly.'

Yes, just because of this two, I still keep this 24-episodes drama in my hard disk. WISFC also got pretty home. Kang Jin's house which he turned it half into his office is also pretty. The house design have a rustic feeling, but the inside is cool. Like what they have for Hyun Suk art studio and office in Twenty Again. Its pretty. I am totally sold. 

Next is, the characteristic. I always always fall for deep character. Like what they have for Kang Jin in WISFC, or Hyun Suk in Twenty Again or Dong Ryong in Reply 1988 and Do Woo in OTWTTA. OTWTTA is totally weird. I like Do Woo, especially when he said "Lets discuss this. I dont want to fight." (He was deep, wasn't he?) I super like his house, I like his job and characteristic. I just dont like the story. Kehkehkeh. I always like a good depth of one character, because it made the drama more lively. Anyway, what I really want to say is, characteristic is another reason one boring drama got into my collection.  

If you read previous post, I updated a lot on King 2 Hearts, which one of my favorite (despite they kill Eun Shi Kyung for no reason. I think the only reason they kill him was because they dont want him to have a good love line with Jae In pfft). The drama was totally fictional. Royalty is also one boring subject. But the drama successfully raised few issues in me. One is totally on international relationship and that made me dig on North Korea. I just really want to know what is beneath all those freaking news about that country. Another one is Jae Ha himself. He is a gone-case at first. But when he need to be in charge, he just showed that he have everything that needed for him to carry out those duty. And women power in Hyang Ah. Plus this drama helped me with my grammar. my SVA- subject verb agreement. Since the title is King 2 Hearts, that mean noun with S is plural. That help me in many ways. 

Anyway, most of my favorite couple are those who showed that being together made them better and stronger. You can see that pattern in my list of favorite drama. Well, I talked a lot about that premise when I talked about Twenty Again. 

Thats all I guess, for now. 

I should just do study on film, dont I?

Gahhhh


 


No comments: