Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hiiii! 

Long time no see you. where goes my Madan Challenge? Back to Cambridge dah jugak agaknya. LOL

So whats the update?

So Mascot works failed. (yeahh, sejak bila workflow smooth? Tak nye. mesti ada hiccups here and there) Turn out, we need to convert out .d file into .mgf for full version Mascot to read it. More, since PJ side  is not familiar with Bruker system much, while Bangi side is not familiar with Full version Mascot, and proteins work, so, whatever PJ side suggesting, cannot be implemented in Bangi. 

One: because the computer is not mine. Hence I cannot pandai pandai godek here and there. Moreover the computer is the one that attached to LC system. Berani nak memandai. if anything happened to the system, then How? How? Hahaha. Second is because, all software is licensed. And it is not cheappppp. Like 50k per license. Gila heck. Science never make you rich, but it is not cheap either. Well, Mascot license is around 50K. maybe more now, since our currency is laike blerghh. At least it is cheaper than lipidomics. Lipidomics is 1.5M mehhh. Come onnnn, tu sama mahal dengan LC itself dah kot. Pasrah, sebab semua software Transcriptomic is open source. Hahaha. 

So, here and there, this and that, I cannot install Compass extension into the system. JUST.BECAUSE.THE.SYSTEM.IS.32.BIT. Grrr. Menstresskan I for whole week tau. Xtract is very specific. They need ONLY 64 Bit system, with Vista OS. Or, XP SP3. Even Wine is not accepted. And sadly our system is 32 Bit. So, How lah?I dont have Compass (licensed). So I cannot install Xtract (the extension, Freeware).

Nasib baik we got free trial version of PEAKS. another Software. So I tried to 5 laptop. Installed PEAKS, then Xtract. The shitty things is that Xtract installer have two version. One is 3.1.4-64 and another one is 3.1.4 which have 'for 64-bit' statement on both. I tried with larger size installer (3.1.4) around 42MB. And it did not work with all laptops. Dah lah semua laptop orang. Habis semua yang guna XP or Vista ada PEAKS. LOL. Nasib baik semua sporting. Tapi tak tahu la sporting ke kuasa senior terguna disitu. Hahahahaha. 

So I tried to download the other one. the 32 MB. But, internet line here was su*kS. It stated 32MB will take 3 hours. Okay laa, since I'm going out for lunch anyway. When I got back, it stuck at 3 MB onleh. Everywhere. Wifi connection, cable in Bioinfo lab. All connection s*cks.  

I got all rage. Hahahaha. 

I rarely get stress, so when I got stress, it is a bizarre. Mind wont work properly. I guess ill spark at a question of 1+1 even. 

So I went back, and download those at home. 1 minute. Grr.

The problem is again, my laptop is in Linux OS. 

Nasib baik Kak long punya laptop is Vista, 64 Bit. 

So sekarang laptop kaklong ada PEAKS with CompassXtract extension. LOL. anyone doing proteomic works and having problem in conversion boleh jumpa Kak long lepas ni.  

So, Im going to UM again esok. I dont have any expectation on the result, as I dont think it will give any good result. But let just do it. Since we have the MS data already. Kan? 

Anyway, I have provided the authorities on using MS for proteomic data. Macam gilak je nak offer service tapi nak convert pun tak boleh. Tu bukan nak identify lagi, just nak convert je. hewhewhewmihihihi

All in all, sekarang kena fokus nak tulis manuscript and get my paper publish. Dari manuscript boleh fokus tesis sama sama. Manuscript+thesis = ill graduating SOOOOOOOOn. 


Thats all


Adibah


Salam

No comments: