Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dear sister....,






I used to believe in fairy tales...

That the light from Tokyo Tower falls onto me
and warms my heart, as the midnight wind blows...

I believed that something would happen to me if I came to Tokyo.
Something good would happen to me...

I really believed that this city, Tokyo,
would make me happy.

.....


When the night wind blew, 
a mysterious light would beam down from Tokyo Tower
and bathe an insignificant little heart in warmth.

I used to believe in a dream like that.
If I came to this town,
I'd find something.
This town will make me happy.
I used to believe in fairy tales like that.

I figured it out a long time ago...
That dreams and fairy tales
only come true in faraway lands.
I continued to live my unchanging
and ordinary life. And...

I will continue to do the same in the future...


..........

He found me.

It's been 3 years since I moved
out here and I got used to things.
I began to feel that whether I existed or not,
the world wouldn't be affected at all.
It was at that time, when he found me.
He didn't choose anyone else.


He chose me.

...........................



Matsui Yukiko x Takagi Masashi
Tokyo Cinderella Story
Imouto yo
1994

No comments: